Monday, August 27, 2007

The New Girl...

I'd like to introduce the newest member of the Robinson household! :) This is Bella! She is an anniversary gift from Jason...and I think she is as cute as can be! :)




She is part pug and part toy fox terrier.



Jason completely surprised me with her. We have been talking about getting a puppy for a couple of weeks now. We thought we were going to try to get a Puggle (a cross between a pug and a beagle). There is a rescue shelter in town that we have been checking out online to see when they get some puggle puppies in. We saw pictures of a litter of pug/toy fox terriers and thought they were kinda cute. I was going to Kristi's bridal shower in Indianapolis on Saturday...and that day the shelter happened to have an adoption event at the Tractor Supply in town. Jason said he'd go check it out. He told me later that it was very disappointing and that they didn't have many puppies there.

Soooo...based on that, I thought it would be a few more weeks until we got a puppy. Jason called later that afternoon and said that his parents wanted us to stop by and pick up a box at their house. Since our anniversary was last weekend, I assumed that it was an anniversary gift. When I arrived, Jason informed me that he had been lying to me all day and led me into the living room (quite confused!) to where Bella was in her cage. It was a happy surprise! :)







Fortunately, she's been VERY good today!! I've been able to play with her some, but while I'm working, she will either entertain herself or nap beside me on the couch. I caught her napping today and snapped some cute pictures! She is napping again as I am writing this...and I'm pretty sure she is dreaming because she is barking very softly. :) Way too cute! :)


And I'll leave you with this super cute shot of my new baby girl! :) Is there anything sweeter than a sleeping puppy? *Awwww!* :)


3 comments:

Stephen and Michelle said...

She is adorable!!

Anonymous said...

That it just about the cutest thing I have ever seen!! Happy anniversary too!

Pareeeee said...

Hey,
I also just got a Toy Poxer. She is awesome. Ditto on the poo+hate thing, LOL. But they are awesome little dogs - and smart too!!!